06.11.14 Voters Guide 2014/Primary Edition Summary (for Takoma Park & Silver Spring, MD)
With early voting beginning tomorrow, I want to get my picks out the door. I’ll provide a fully annotated version in a few days. Note that I only cover my home districts. For other districts, I suggest Progressive Neighbors’ recommendations.
For MD Governor: Write in “Mickey Mouse”
None of the declared Mickey Mice deserves your vote.
For MD Comptroller: Write in “Mickey Mouse”
Peter Franchot, who is running unopposed ditched his Takoma Park progressive roots long ago.
For MD Attorney General: Brian Frosh
For US Congress MD District 8: No endorsement.
Chris Van Hollen no longer gets my vote because he supports NSA surveillance. I don’t know a thing about the other two candidates.
For MD State Senator District 20: Jamie Raskin
For MD House of Delegates District 20 (select up to three): Sheila Hixson, Jonathan Shurberg, Will Smith
For Montgomery County Executive: No endorsement
Phil Andrews wins on integrity, but is too conservative to support a decent minimum wage. Ike Leggett is at best very disappointing. Doug Duncan must be stopped!
For Montgomery County Council At-Large (select up to four): Marc Elrich and Beth Daly only
Do not vote for any additional candidates: your vote for one of them could be the vote pushes Elrich or Daly into fifth place.
For Montgomery County Council District 5: Terrill North
For Montgomery County State’s Attorney: John McCarthy
For Clerk of the Circuit Court: Alan Bowser
For Montgomery County Board of Education At Large: Jill Ortman-Fouse
Other races: no position
See previous relevant posts:
- 11.26.13 Nobody for governor?
- 12.15.13 Hans Riemer: Embellishments and lies
- 05.03.14 Terrill North for Montgomery County District 5
- 05.04.14 Beth Daly: The real deal for MoCo council at large
- 05.27.14 Just how empty is Anthony Brown’s campaign?
- 05.28.14 Marc Elrich has friends everywhere (but wait: there’s irony)
- 05.30.14 How your blogger chooses candidates to love (and hate)
- 06.08.14 Response to a Doug Duncan campaign email
- 06.09.14 MD D20 Endorsements
- 06.10.14 Vote your conscience in MoCo Council D5
©2014 Keith Berner
Tags: Beth Daly, Brian Frosh, Chris Van Hollen, Doug Duncan, Ike Leggett, Jamie Raskin, Jill Ortman-Fouse, John McCarthy, Jonathan Shurberg, Marc Elrich, Phil A, Phil Andrews, Sheila Hixson, Terrill North, Will SmithYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.